The following conditions of membership apply :
Acceptance of points (1 - 7) in the Dundee sailing Club (DSC) Risk Statement, which essentially states that you participate in any sailing activities at your own risk
Agreement to carry out allocated duties whenever possible, or to swap duties when this is not possible
For boat owners confirmation that they will have third party liability insurance of at least £2M.
Dundee Sailing Club (DSC) Risk Statement:
The responsibility to participate in a sailing activity or onshore event is yours alone.
Sailing is by its nature an unpredictable sport and therefore inherently involves an element of risk. By taking part in the event, each participant agrees and acknowledges that:
- They are aware of the inherent element of risk involved in the sport and accept responsibility for the exposure of themselves, their crew and their boat to such inherent risk whilst taking part in the event;
- They are responsible for the safety of themselves, their family members, their boat (if applicable) and their other property whether afloat or ashore;
- They accept responsibility for any injury, damage or loss to the extent caused by their own actions or omissions;
- Their boat (if applicable) is in good order, equipped to sail in the event and they are fit to participate;
- The provision of an officer of the day, safety boat, training officer or other officials and volunteers by Dundee Sailing Club (DSC) does not relieve them of their own responsibilities;
- The provision of safety boat cover is limited to such assistance, particularly in extreme weather conditions, as can be practically provided in the circumstances;
- It is their responsibility to familiarise themselves with any risks specific to Grassy Beach or any sailing destinations and to attend any safety briefing held for the event.